Monday, January 2, 2012

Beurre Blanc (white wine sauce)

One of my new years resolutions is to get back on weight watchers and drop 40lbs, another one is to blog more... But obviously I'll be
cleaning up my recipes. Today I made a Beurre Blanc sauce to serve on chicken breast. I served it with whole wheat
pasta tossed with spinach, tomatoes and artichokes. Here's my light Beurre Blanc recipe:

Ingredients:
2tbsp diced onions
2 diced garlic cloves
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
1cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking spray

Spray a deep pan with cooking spray
Sauté onions until just browning
Add garlic, cook 2 minutes
Add chicke broth, cover and simmer at medium for 5minutes
Add full thyme sprigs, cook another 2-3mimutes
Add white whine, cover and simmer 5 minutes
Remove from heat, add butter, stir until blended
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste

It's not a thick sauce like most, but the flavor makes up for it.
I baked my chicken breast then poured the sauce on top before serving, but you could also bake your chicken in the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment