Thursday, March 17, 2011

Minestroni Soup

I know its been a while since I've posted, this is what happens when you're working 10.5hrs underground everyday again. But... I was bored the other day and since we made some really yummy homemade red wine, I came up with this...

Ingredients:
1TBSP olive oil
4 peperettes, sliced
2 shallots, diced
1 large carrot, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 large zucchini, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp basil
1/2 tbsp oregano
2 cans tomatoes
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups water
1/2cup red wine
1 can spinach (drained)
1 can red beans (drained)

Heat oil, Add next 7 ingredients, simmer 10 minutes over medium heat
Add remaining ingredients
Simmer on medium low, 1/2-1hr

Enjoy :) mmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. I've never made minestrone, but love it! I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete