Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicken with Balsamic Brown Sugar Reduction


Sorry I havent posted in a long time... I've actually been working, so I haven't had time to cook, but I'm back, and I cant believe how much I've missed my kitchen.
Here's a really easy, three step recipe, that tastes like it should be in a 4 star restaurant. Don't let the balsamic vinegar scare you, my better half isn't a fan of balsamic vinegar, and he loved it. After boiling it for so long, it really turns sweet.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar substitute (splenda brown sugar) or 2 Tbsp brown sugar

Pre-heat oven to 400
Bake chicken for 25-30 minutes
Meanwhile, over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil, whisking often
Add brown sugar, continue to whisk until sauce thickens
Use a spoon to scoop up and pour out sauce, to see how thick it is, it should stick to spoon
Once sauce is ready, remove chicken from oven, pour sauce over top and serve :)

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment